Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Gonti Flicker (Shuffle)

I've never really been a fan of black, but with Sorin and the black/white vampire allies, and know with Kaladesh introducing Gonti, Lord of Luxury, I am becoming a fan.  

The ability to potentially deny your opponents the card they need to complete their win condition or combo, or even better, using it against them is powerful.  Gonti's one drawback, in my humble opinion, is that he is a Legendary Creature and only one copy of him is allowed on the battlefield at a time.  So to utilize his power better, I'll need to find a way to flicker him, that is, exile Gonti and have him return to the battlefield at no cost.


The Eldrazi Displacer seems to be the most popular choice on the various deck building sites, but I don't have any copies in my collection.  And at ~$4 a copy (at the minimum), the Displacer isn't really an option.

Two options I do have are Acrobatic Maneuver and Wispweaver Angel.  For three mana, I can flicker Gonti and get a card.  The Angel is a bit more expensive at 6 mana, but I get a flying 4/4 creature and can flicker Gonti.

So I'm going to try to build a deck around Gonti, Kambal, Acrobat Maneuver and Wispweaver Angel and see how that goes.  I don't think I'll be able to test it before the Aether Revolt pre-release though as this weekend is shot playing chauffeur as my daughter has a indoor field hockey tournament in Spooky Nook PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment