Sunday, January 1, 2017

Saturday Showdown

I made it to my first Saturday Standard Showdown yesterday.  There weren't quite as many there as the night before for Friday Night Magic, but it was still a decent turnout. I used the same deck, Sorin, Gonti & Kambal, but was only able to win two of the 4 matches.

So I received one of the Standard Showdown prizes, a three card booster pack, and wasn't terribly impressed.  I wasn't expecting to get a premium Zendikar Expeditions or Kaladesh Inventions card, but I didn't expect my premium foil would be a mountain.

Yep, my premium foil was a Basic Land - Mountain.

My other two cards were Cinder Glade and Cultivator's Caravan.
I didn't have the dual land so that was nice and I only had one of the artifacts in my inventory.

My FLGS received permission to extend the Saturday Standard Showdown an additional week (I think it was due to not receiving the prizes on time), but I will be taking my daughter to her field hockey tournament and will not be able to attend.  So I'll have to wait and see if Wizards decides to do this again to see if I can get a better premium foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment